BrightStar Credit Union
Member Service Representative - Margate
Margate, FL, United States
Immediate Openings for Member Service Representative in Margate!
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and service-oriented.
We are currently seeking a Member Service Representative to join our team in Margate!
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the members of our growing community in meeting their financial needs and goals by offering them superior products and services. This is done by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete loan interviews, and applications, retrieve proper loan documentation, and complete final loan closings
- Assist members by determining appropriate accounts and services to offer based on individual needs. Open and close accounts, answer member questions, and resolve member problems that are within the position’s authority to resolve
- Complete maintenance on accounts (to include ATM/Debit card ordering, disputes, fraud, payroll or direct deposit issues, call 24, and pc banking)
- Identify the financial needs of the member and suggest a product or service that will meet their needs
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises
- Promote all BSCU products and services including but not limited to BSCU extended products, mortgages, and investments
- Perform teller duties and other related duties as assigned (to include safe deposit boxes and end of the day branch balancing)
- Maintain knowledge with training: BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
Experience: Six months or more of similar or related experience
Education: High school education or GED
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Additional Skills: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union has established a variety of employee benefits programs designed to assist employees and their eligible dependents. We believe our employees should have the means to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle outside of work allowing them to be at their best professionally. Below are some of the benefits our team members can benefit from.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance at no cost, plus supplemental and dependent life insurance if needed
- Long Term Disability at no cost
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer contributions to health savings accounts (HSA)
- 401k with Roth option & matching contributions.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational (tuition) assistance
- Career advancement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate
- Monetary rewards for employee referrals
- Snacks at Work program
- BSCU Financial Discounts
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.