BrightStar Credit Union
Part-Time Loan Quality Control Specialists - Sunrise
Plantation, FL, United States
Immediate Openings for Part-Time Loan Quality Control Specialists in Sunrise!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors’ financial lives. This position ensures that the Loan Departments maintain high-quality standards in loan production and servicing. This is accomplished through quality control reviews of various loans, processes, and documentation, ensuring compliance with various regulatory and governmental requirements as well as accurate and complete system data.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to each internal and external member as defined by our Service Standards and Promises.
- Quality Control review of loan files and documents for accuracy and completeness and in line with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Monitor compliance with various regulatory requirements for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy on various processes such as Adverse Actions and flood insurance.
- Maintain monthly exception tracking reports, ensuring timely delivery of information to the appropriate management.
- Review credit quality of loan underwriting, reporting results quickly including any recommendations.
- Maintain confidentiality and tactfulness in reviewing and reporting findings.
- Review real estate collateral for eligibility as security or FHLB. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for FHLB.
- Assist with lending projects and initiatives as needed.
- Provide outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by our service standards and promises.
- Maintain reports of quality control sampling for the lending area and report findings to management on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met, both in timing and in content.
- Continue to maintain up-to-date with credit union policy, regulatory requirements and changes.
- Complete all assigned training courses timely and seek out other training opportunities in order to continually increase loan knowledge.
- Be ready to assist with projects as needed in the lending areas
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A college degree or equivalent experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Knowledge and experience with residential real estate, commercial, and consumer lending.
- Must have working knowledge of regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; be able to use PC and general office equipment including 10-key calculator.
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union has established a variety of employee benefits programs designed to assist employees and their eligible dependents. We believe our employees should have the means to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle outside of work allowing them to be at their best professionally. Below are some of the benefits our team members can benefit from.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance at no cost, plus supplemental and dependent life insurance if needed
- Long Term Disability at no cost
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer contributions to health savings accounts (HSA)
- 401k with Roth option & matching contributions.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Educational (tuition) assistance
- Career advancement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate
- Monetary rewards for employee referrals
- Snacks at Work program
- BSCU Financial Discounts
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug-Free Workplace.